/* Google verification tag */ Indian School of Business: Hyderabad Interview Experience - 13
Indian School of Business

Hyderabad Interview Experience - 13

This is an interview experience of R-1 applicant on 30-11-2006 at ISB, Hyderabad
"The interview was quite something as I had to hit the interview straight after traveling through 5 cities and over 36 hrs… but then I guess the adrenaline keeps you going and I couldn’t have rested peacefully until it was done anyway.
The interview lasted for about an hour… reading the posts I certainly wasn’t expecting this, especially since it was the last interview of the evening. The interview started well, but within minutes turned to quite a grilling session… however the grilling wasn’t just random - want you to panic grilling… it was related to something I am very interested in, and is a venture I am looking to set-up in India eventually. So it certainly was food for thought and those 15 minutes certainly helped me understand the feasibility of doing what I am planning… did some number crunching with the AdComm team and after 20 minutes of doing this we moved on to other subjects.
I was asked to give examples of m client negotiation skills, and since I was carrying my portfolio of the creative work I have helped delivered, I asked if I could talk them through my work by showing them examples of what I have done… after which point the conversation went on to the research I have been doing about ISB and the ISB logo became the topic of discussion. Following this I was asked if I had any questions, and I had two questions… one about foreign languages and other about getting involved with the marketing/branding efforts of ISB.
Lastly I was asked how I felt about the interview and the difference between a manager and a leader and which one was I and why (stating examples).
All in all I felt it was a brilliant experience… really enjoyed the interview. The ad comm team was really friendly and on finishing the interview I had the opportunity to meet the others from the team and have an informal chat for about 15 minutes. My advice to anyone giving the interview… stay cool… treat them as business men you are selling a good product to… you are the product and you need to market yourself well…"

0 comments:

COMMENT POLICY

Comments on this blog are made DOFOLLOW for the Google Spiders. Comments are moderated. Spam will not be tolerated.