/* Google verification tag */ Indian School of Business: Hyderabad Interview Experience - 10
Indian School of Business

Hyderabad Interview Experience - 10

This is the last interview of our Core Group member, Ms. AS, which took place on 01-12-2006 at ISB, Hyderabad

Her Profile :

GMAT 670,
Work Ex. : 2.5 yrs in Healthcare Admininstration and Physiotherapy, 5.5 yrs running a designer store.

Here is her interview experience


"Finally the interview is over. Now all that is left is the wait! In conjunction with what everyone else have been saying, the panel gave away nothing! Not a peep into what they were thinking about my responses or what they intend to do with my profile. So, I guess all I can do right now is cross my fingers. Heres how my interview went:


Arrived waaaayyy early for my interview. Was given the spot essay and asked to write about "Adventure". The panel didnt even give my essay a glance!

I was with panel 2, which consisted of Ms Hima Bindu, and two other gentlemen, one alumnus and one was Ms Bindus colleague. They were stoic faced from the moment I stepped into the room. :-

My questions (Felt like the Q's kept coming and coming?: ( Good sign or Bad ?? )

1. Is there anything about yourself that you couldnt fit into the essays?

2. You took an year brk after your intermediate, why?

3. Tell me something about what you think you have been able to bring into your fathers Hospital?

Told the panel about a couple of programs I implemented into the hospital and a new one that aimed at Universal Access to Healtcare, which aimed at equalizing facilities to both the rich and the not so rich.

4. (From above) Would that make you lose prospective high paying customers?

Told them money couldnt buy them better treatment because the disease symptomatology is the same for the rich or the poor and so will/should be the treatment. The only thing that changes would be better facilities for the patient. And I said I wanted to formulate a cost effective method to equalize these facilities for all the patients. In short, I said I wanted to break the myth that private run hospitals 'leech' of the general public

5. You say you have a passion for design. What would you say is more challenging - your passion or your profession?

My prof. definietly. Talked a bit more about why I thought so.

6. Having started a store and managed a hosptial with out any formal training in Management, where there any challenges you faced?

Told them Ohh yeah. The two challenges that affected me the most were my complete lack of fianical saavy and marketing know- how. Over these years, I have learnt from mistakes and today know more about 'How not to do things'. I gave a smile here and was greeted by a blank stare :((

7. So how much percentage of input do you put in each of these?

Again explained that initially I used to be more focussed on my boutique while I was in college, but now, not as much, since the store is practically found a pace set for itself and I have an efficient team.

8. So now, where do you think ISB will help you?

9. Since you seem passionate about Health Care, why not pursue a hospital management degree?

Phew, finally anticipated questions that I had a sensible answer for. Thankfully no cross questioning over those.

10. So what are your plans after ISB?

Told them I was looking for exposure to varied and diverse work cultures, so that I can learn and imbibe from them. Then, told them about the plans my family have about setting up a multi specialty hospital and how my experience till then will help me plug any holes in the system we might have.

11. So, you would prefer to work internationally. But ISB has no international placements for you. How would that affect you?

[Was initially stumped. :( Were they trying to tell me I was wrong in chosing ISB, or that I didnt look at the recruiters list?]
Then, got my composure back and said, well, Health Care Industry today is booming and there is an ever growing need for ppl to take up administrative roles. So, with my soft skills till now and after an MBA from ISB, I am sure I will be able to find a job in a hosptial to my liking.
[Dont know if that was the right thing to say... but its out now, nothing to be done :( ]

12. So if you want to work in the international front, why not take up and international MBA outside India?

I said - ISB has a world class faculty, and a global curriculum, competent with any international MBA. When I am able to get a programme like this in India, more so, in Hyderabad, why should I even think of any other schools outside India?

13. Although I notice that you are still working as a consultant physiotherapist, why are you chosing to shift tracks from PT into admininstration ?

Told them my initial reason of joining PT was so that I could get a prespective of the patient and the doctor in the sense as to what they were looking from the management. I wanted to understand the problems of the patient through his eyes and hear it through his mouth. That was the reason I joined. And that is what I am pursuing today.

14. Lastly the alumnus asked me, If not Health Care, which sector would you choose?

Told them that this was my idea of what to do with my life since I was a pre teen. And although I have been able to demonstrate the fact that I can mould into other situations (this they pointed out to me too), I think for a moment I would be totally lost. Because for me, it always was the only thing on my mind.

Then, they said , all right then, thats it. Do you have any Q's for us. Asked them a couple. And then we were done. I didnt shake anyones hand but just smiled at all of them and walked out.
Well.. either way. Its DONE!!! Relieved. Took Gajanans advice and went and watched Dhoom 2. Spectacular first half and filmi second half. But full paisa vasool!

All right. Hope to see all you guys and gal (hehe) tomorrow. Thumbs up and fingers crossed! Best of luck to y'all!! "

0 comments:

COMMENT POLICY

Comments on this blog are made DOFOLLOW for the Google Spiders. Comments are moderated. Spam will not be tolerated.