/* Google verification tag */ Indian School of Business: Hyderabad Interview Experience - 3
Indian School of Business

Hyderabad Interview Experience - 3

Here is the interview experience of Mr. KK, one of our Core Group member, held on 29-11-2006 at Hyderabad.

"Finally the wait is over.

1. The 50-100 word essay is like a soup. It increases your apetitie and gets you started, but actually is not counted as part of the whole meal. My topic was on "Adventure" and I wrote couple of paragraphs with one main point. So don't worry about the essay.

2. I was interviewed by panel 2, which consisted of Mr. Sanjay Singh and Mr. Amitesh, no students/alumni. You must have seen both of them if you have attended the info sessions.

3. The opening was quite smooth. Amitesh came out of the room and asked me if I am ready for the interview and I said yes. He opened the door for me and led me inside.

4. Mr. Sanjay started the proceedings by saying that before we ask any questions can you explain few things from your Resume. And from that point the whole discussion was about the career shifts that I made.

5. They gave me enough opportunity to explain my career progression and in the middle I handed them over my latest Business Card. This new position was not mentioned in my application as I made this change after Oct 3rd.

6. Few points they wanted to get my understanding was about:

1. Why MBA and Why ISB? As I mentioned that I am looking HR Consulting Mr. Sanjay asked me why not XL. I mentioned my take on that. I did mention the research that I did and the opinions I got from others.

2. Second Mr. Sanjay said that no HR consultancy company comes to ISB for recruitment and you may be the only one without a job at the end. To this I said getting a job is not an issue at all for me. It's just a question of being able to show the value that I can bring to the organization/ position.

3. Mr. Amitesh asked me about some technical aspects of training for which I replied satisfactorily. The he asked a slightly away question related to cross cultutal adaptaion related to training concepts, specifically psychometric instruments. To this I answered that I have not worked in depth in that area.

4. Lastly they tried to understand how clear I am about the program and I used this opportunity to mention about my family and how it can benefit not only me but also my daughter (6 yrs old) :).

At that point they looked at the watch and said we have slightly overshot the time and said nice meeting you and bye.

My advice to applicants with less experience: Try to project why you took a certain career decision in a positive and passionate way. At the end you know passion wins over logic.

All in all it was a good experience and all my anxiety is now gone and the wait for Dec 15th starts now, which happens to be my 31st Birthday. Hope this Birthday will give me the best gift I ever received.

Do go in formal attire, though it is not mandatory, you know it is always better, it shows your seriousness. Go little early and relax your nerves. "

0 comments:

COMMENT POLICY

Comments on this blog are made DOFOLLOW for the Google Spiders. Comments are moderated. Spam will not be tolerated.