/* Google verification tag */ Indian School of Business: Round - 2 2008-09 Mumbai Interview Experience - 1
Indian School of Business

Round - 2 2008-09 Mumbai Interview Experience - 1

Th following is the interview experience of a male candidate on 17-01-2007 (Round - 2) at Mumbai.
Profile:
GMAT: 750/5.0,
Education: IIT, Delhi 2004 passout,
Experince: in manufacturing.
The interview panel consisted of two members, one washema from adcom, the other was some guy probably in his mid 50s. I can safely say that he was some hi-figuy coz he knew the MDs of both the companies i haveworked for.
These are some of the questions that were asked:
  1. what do you think chemical engg means? ( i am achemical engg.)
  2. i was then asked what does 5S mean (something thati had mentioned in my application)
  3. Now comes the exiting part, he asked me about oneof the achievements i had mentioned in my application.i spoke for some 5 mins after which the man says: "uhave spoken for 5 mins and yet i have not heardanything that i wanted to hear". i was taken aback. then he rephrased his question.. i started harpingagain about some of the things that i had done on theshopfloor. finally he said that i was not structuringmy answers well and these sort of answers help nobodyin a group.
  4. then he asked about my post isb plans. i said iwanted a role in general management. he told me that iwas too young for a GM role so there will be nocompanies offering me that sort of a role. he evenmentioned that u can even think of becoming the PM ofIndia but the reality is that u cant.
  5. then he asked me how would i improve theproductivity of my plant. i gave some crappy answersbut clearly he was not satisfied.
  6. then the lady chipped in and asked me to rate myself on my people's skills.
  7. "ques for us" as usual

His Advice: don't bluff, keep itshort and simple and be thorough in ur application. u can also try and work on ur spontaneity rather than too much preparation.

0 comments:

COMMENT POLICY

Comments on this blog are made DOFOLLOW for the Google Spiders. Comments are moderated. Spam will not be tolerated.