/* Google verification tag */ Indian School of Business: Round - 2 2008-09 Hyderabad Interview Experience - 1
Indian School of Business

Round - 2 2008-09 Hyderabad Interview Experience - 1

The following is the interview experience of a male candidate at ISB, Hyderabad on 23-01-2008 (Round-2).
Profile:
GMAT: 760,
Education: BIT Mesra,
Work Ex.: 2 years and 7 months of Work Experience at Oracle Hyderabad.
Interview Details:------------ ------Funny it might sound, I actually had to ask the lady in the admissions office for the essay paper and for the interview as well. Even though I had arrived on time, I guess they forgot me. After finishing my essay and waiting for 20 more minutes(my interview was scheduled to be at 1225), I had to remind her that I was here for the interview. Anyways, better late than never. As I entered the interview room, the admission committe, which comprised of a lady (Hema, the admission officer) and an gentleman(an alum from 2006 batch, I forgot the name though) got up and gave me a warm handshake(pretty nice gesture).
The first question they asked was, what happened to your locks(at the time of application, I had grown my hair really long, which I chopped off a few months back). This humor helped me calm my nerves.
Alum: What is the best thing you like about your job at Oracle?
Me: Blah, blah, blah, blah......
Alum: What, apart from technolgy, have you learnt at Oracle?
Me: Blah, blah, blah...Alum:
Why MBA?Me: Blah, blah, blah...(which included my idea of starting my own venture).
Alum: What kind of business do you want to start?
Me: More blah, blah, blah...
Alum: So, shall I strike your name off the prospective placement list?
Me: No, blah, blah...
Hema: What kind of companies are you looking forward to for your placement at ISB?Me: Blah, blah....(which included a description abt the consulting company)Alum: What is your fallback option?
Me: Blah....
Alum: With three years at Oracle, and the kind of salary you command, it wont be possible for you to get that salary kind of salary post ISB? So, how important is salary to you?
Me: Blah, blah, blah
Hema: Tell me more about the team dynamics that you have learnt at Oracle?
Me: Blah...(which included a description of diversity at work, i.e. a chance to work with people belonging to all parts of India).
Hema: What are the characetersistics of these differnt people?
Me: Blah, blah...
Hema: What are the main competitors of Oracle?
Me: Blah, blah..
Hema: How is Oracle gonna do in future?
Me: Blah...
Hema: Ok, assume you work for McKinsey...( a case study)
Me: Blah...
Hema: Any questions for us?
Me: Yeah, blah, blah...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

what the hell is this?
bla..bla..bla...
wasted our time.
u shud atleast told us that what did u answer.,,so that we can learn from your experience.
what carp u've posted here.

COMMENT POLICY

Comments on this blog are made DOFOLLOW for the Google Spiders. Comments are moderated. Spam will not be tolerated.