/* Google verification tag */ Indian School of Business: Delhi Interview Experience - 3
Indian School of Business

Delhi Interview Experience - 3

This is the interview experience of an R-2 applicant on 09-01-2006 at Dlhi.

His profile :-

GMAT:660
Work ex.: 3.5+ years in corporate finance/treasury
Acads: B.E.(Mumbai University), MBA(IIT Kanpur)

Here it goes.........

"The interview started at 09:00 AM. Prior to that I was given an essay to write with the topic being 'Terrorism'. By the way, they did look at it.

There were 2 people, Mr. Venkat who is the deputy head of admissions and a middle aged lady. I do not know her name since she did not introduce herself. They had thoroughly researched my application. I already hold an MBA degree and they asked me as to why
I thought I needed another one, and that too from ISB.
To this I told them about what I thought ISB's strengths were and why I thought it was a right fit to me.

They followed up with questions about my work experience, what was the rationale when I changed jobs. Since I have a finance/treasury background, they asked me as to why I did not want to work in banks where I could be close to financial markets. To this replied that since my experience transcended different areas of corporate finance, a bank job in a
specific domain would see me spend the rest of my life in the same profile.

I was asked about what would distinguish me from other applicants since I wanted a consulting/investment banking job to which I replied that my corporate experience across Treasury would itself serve as a differentiator since I had a first hand experience of
Corporate environments.

Mr. Venkat then asked me whether I had any questions. I asked them about the Leadership Development programme that they had and how they actually implemented it. I also asked about the bidding system that they have for electives. This concluded my interview at 9:30

Hope my narration helps others for their interview."

0 comments:

COMMENT POLICY

Comments on this blog are made DOFOLLOW for the Google Spiders. Comments are moderated. Spam will not be tolerated.