/* Google verification tag */ Indian School of Business: ISB Admissions - Some Pertinent Questions
Indian School of Business

ISB Admissions - Some Pertinent Questions

My First Post on this Blog.


Life at ISB currently is all about End Term Exams as the First Term Ends this week and your truly is trying level best to prepare for it. So I am just reproducing a post from my blog on the pertinent questions that all of us have about ISB. Some of these hopefully I will answer in my subsequent posts for the readers of this blog.



There are some pertinent questions that all aspirants to ISB (or maybe any B-School) have:
  1. Is my Profile Good enough to get shortlisted in ISB?
  2. Will I get through to ISB?
  3. What can I do to improve my profile to get into ISB?
  4. What GMAT Score is good enough for my Profile or what is the minimum for ISB?

and I think once a person is near selection or is selected

  1. What is the payoff for this ISB - MBA?
  2. What salary can I expect in the placements at ISB?
  3. Is it worth it?

The funny and the frustrating part of this exercise is that you can easily guess the answers to these questions yourselves.

"IT DEPENDS"

This, I am sure, is true of any Business School and any profile. There obviously are some of the general concepts that you should know about.

ISB values its diversity a lot. What it cannot make up in the international diversity it makes up in its profile diversity. We have more than 10 doctors (experienced Surgeons etc), 60+ CAs who have diverse experience themselves, IIT Engineers with wonderful backgrounds, Journalists, Economists, Entrepreneurs, Consultants etc etc. Thus if you can add to this diversity then you are always welcome. However this does not mean that if you have a background that very few on this planet may have you have an automatic entry (the other criteria of Leadership ability, Need to do a MBA, recommendations etc are required)

This also does not mean that male IT Engineers are shooed away as is the common misconception. Nearly 50% of the batch is from a IT Background. But you still need to distinguish yourself from others and remember that the competition is tough. One of own Study group mates is an IIT Engineer - 4 yrs Infy - and not a out of the roof GMAT score. However he is "Brilliant" otherwise.

I hope one day I get the time to write about what I think one should do to stand out in this competition. (My views obviously)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend,
Can you explain how being an IITian add to the diversity of ISB? If a person is from IIT he is intelligent himself but how will he make his peers benefit from that?

COMMENT POLICY

Comments on this blog are made DOFOLLOW for the Google Spiders. Comments are moderated. Spam will not be tolerated.